Real world flightplans

Support for premium version users only.

Moderator: Michal Rok

KingCat

Real world flightplans

Post by KingCat » Wed May 28, 2008 8:41 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding vroute. I'm thinking about starting with vroute, but there is only 1 issue that's not quite clear to me.

Does the vroute database contain real world flightplans flown by real world airlines, or only flightplans that are submitted by users?

Jon

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Re: Real world flightplans

Post by Michal Rok » Wed May 28, 2008 7:34 pm

The flight plans are submitted by users. One thing I would not agree is the word "only" - because first with 66.000 routes in database, this is probably world's largest virtual aviation flight plan database, and second, it contains many routes not flown by anyone in real life - between small airports in the middle of nowhere. If it was real life I'm sure you'd easily find a route from London to JFK, but how about Zielona Gora to Morocco? :)

Michal

KingCat

Post by KingCat » Fri May 30, 2008 5:38 am

Thanks for the answer. Then I'll stick with FlightSim Commander, as I only fly offline. I was interested in real world flightplans, but since vroute does not "only" contain real world flightplans, it has no added value for me personally.

Jon

gsumner

Post by gsumner » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Jon

I'm not sure if you have given up on vroute and wont read this reply, but for the benefit of others in search of "Real World Flight Plans By Real Airlines".

I've been simming for years now. A number of years ago through another forum I got hold of some "Real World Lufthansa" flight plans.

Some weeks after, these flight plans were withdrawn. If you don't know, there are copyright protections in place for these flight plans and it is illegal to pass them on for this reason. Apart from that I would image for security reasons an airline will not disclose it actual flight path.

So really I wouldn't bother looking for a website that will provide these. They won't be able to obtain them legally.

Happy flying

Graham

trev
Premium User

Post by trev » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

Hi Guy's, it's not about real world flight plans, it's all about having access to a flight plan data base that agrees with the data contained
within your FMC. With vroute, it does exactly that, and until Michal teamed up with NavData I found it very frustrating having flight plan data that didn't
agree with my FMC.
Excellent piece of software in my opinion.
Regards
Trev