DCT

For all topics related to creating and fixing routes

Moderators: Michal Rok, nemesis19

Budlake
Premium User

DCT

Post by Budlake » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:23 am

It is getting to the point where I am now very reluctant to use Vroute to design a new route because it consumes far too much of my time with no logical reasons for rejecting the routes. The principle point as far as I am concerned is that I am not flying professionally nor am I flying in the real-world so the reasons for a rejection are often, in a lot of the cases, irrelevant.

I am trying to design a route between EGLL and YSSY at FL330 to FL450 as follows:

DVR l9 konan ul607 SPI ul607 amasi um149 detev ERL mooce ul604 GRZ um19 etida q7 odero up975 ezs ug8 ALRAM g208 ZAJ r654 isn r659 SYZ p574 KASOL p574 daper dct IZK dct emuru m300 igama p895 bikok m641 KAT m641 CC DCT CAR DCT MEK DCT WR DCT CWR DCT BIK.

However, I get the following error messages whether I have DCT inserted or not from CAR to BIK. It is further complexing when the two 'dct' statements between DAPER and EMERU are not rejected.

ERROR: Unknown airway/waypoint CAR (or MEK is not part of CAR, or CAR is an airway that does not include CC)
ERROR: Unknown airway/waypoint MEK (or WR is not part of MEK, or MEK is an airway that does not include CAR) ERROR: Unknown airway/waypoint CWR (or BIK is not part of CWR, or CWR is an airway that does not include WR) ERROR: Unknown airway/waypoint BIK (or YSSY is not part of BIK, or BIK is an airway that does not include CWR) ERROR: Unknown airway/waypoint YSSY (or is not part of YSSY, or YSSY is an airway that does not include BIK)

I have also removed L9 between DVR and KONAN without an error being reported and I have inserted a 'dct' to replace L9 and again without an error being reported.

The route is an adaptation of an historical route so it is important to keep as close to the original as possible. There are no longer any established routes between CC and YSSY hence the dct connections between waypoints and navaids.

The distance from CAR to MEK is a mere 282Nm so I would not have thought that the distance is a problem.

Mike

Budlake
Premium User

Re: DCT

Post by Budlake » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks Steve,

The route that you have added is, unfortunately, too far off the historical one that I am trying to replicate.

It is important (to me at least) to be true to the historical route.

I accept that airways, navaids and waypoints have changed since that route was flown (1989) but my aim has been to mimic it as close as the current AIRAC will allow.

If I can't get vroute to validate it then it will mean inserting it in to the FMC by hand which is something that I would not look forward to doing. vroute allows me to format the FP to PMDG which will save a lot of hassles and reduce any chance of errors if I can get it verified.

Regards

Mike

Budlake
Premium User

Post by Budlake » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:23 am

Is somebody (Michal?) going to reply to this?

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Post by Michal Rok » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:43 am

sorry for late response.

I tried to validate this route with different AIRAC cycles, and I believe the waypoints are indeed unresolvable. With cycle 1508, there's no CAR - as out of all cycles in database, it used to exist only in 0608. But under 0608 the route starts to crack from Q7 and by the time we reach CAR, vroute has no clue about which part of the world we are in - so it cannot properly link to CAR.

Same goes for MEK - 0608 only.

Michal