Moderators: Michal Rok, nemesis19

Budlake
Premium User

Incompatible with aircraft performance

Post by Budlake » Mon May 04, 2015 5:38 am

EGKK-LMML
SFD UY47 BENBO UL612 OGULO/N300fl420- UQ223 LURAG UM135 TOP UL50 ELB UL12 GZO
FL250-420

How can vroute determine whether the route is compatible with a/c performance when it has not asked for the type of aircraft expected to be used?

That aside; why should aircraft performance be part of the criteria on which a route's viability is judged? Surely that is the decision of the operator and/or pilot.

For the original route, before the speed and FL statement was introduced, vroute reported "PROF195: OGULO UQ223 LURAG DOES NOT EXIST IN FL RANGE" but it did not specify what FL range was acceptable! Is there anywhere on the internet where such information is freely available?

Mike

Budlake
Premium User

Re: Incompatible with aircraft performance

Post by Budlake » Mon May 04, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks again Stephen,

Yes, the FL420- was to overcome the FL restriction but it made no difference whether it was 420- or 350- (or indeed 310-), it still showed the same message.

I still do not understand why, however, a route should be rejected because it does not suit a particular aircraft, as I said in my post the aircraft type and its performance capability are the responsibility of the airline and the pilot; it should not be the responsibility of the route validation software.

Furthermore, if vroute is designed for virtual aviation alone, could the validation programme not cut a little bit of slack and be less rigid than the real-world?

Mike

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Post by Michal Rok » Tue May 19, 2015 8:05 pm

vroute always uses departure time of 0850Z. Would it make sense if I responded to Q/UQ issues by rescheduling to some other time? What time should that be?

Michal

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Post by Michal Rok » Wed May 20, 2015 5:53 pm

My idea was to make it easier to have a route accepted. If it worked in some time of day in real life, it'd better be OK for vroute.

Michal