Only 10 top routes

Moderator: Michal Rok

Kyprianos Biris
Five Star Club

Only 10 top routes

Post by Kyprianos Biris » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:25 am

In routes with many flight plans saved "Only 10 top routes" are shown.

This has the outcome of maybe a new fpl that you save not to be shown later able for use.

Only solution is to DELETE old ones but this is a lengthy process involving deleting one, waiting for moderator approval (since no changes can take place in meantime for the rest of fpl's) and starting over again for one of the rest and to wait again from moderator approval and so on.

Is there any other way this can be solved ?

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Re: Only 10 top routes

Post by Michal Rok » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 am

Hi Kyp,

You can create private fpls - they should show above the top 10 routes. The idea behind not showing more than 10 was to avoid creating a mess of 100 routes where there's totally no reason why the last one on the list is any better then #50 or #70. I actually wanted to "force" people to think of deleting obsoletes or replacing duplicate contents with something else.

Michal

Kyprianos Biris
Five Star Club

Post by Kyprianos Biris » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:18 am

OK suggestion: think about allowing users to delete more than one at a time, off course with moderator approval.
Maybe the reasoning text can apply to the same "mass" delete so that moderator does not wonder why.

Most of the cases I face this problem is in "popular" routes or ones that include NAT tracks.
We are setting up to fly the route 3~4 pilots together. I upload, I only see it upon submission and am able to do the exports but the other two cannot since its low on the 10 list.
So the other 2 pilots have to submit same identical route just to be able to export the files. This generates useless multiple copies of same route !

Yes it can be done with private route but if you generate a nice up to date one is it not better for the rest of users to have access to it and be able to parse old/messy/worse/obsolete ones ? :wink:

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Post by Michal Rok » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:04 am

The reason why users cannot submit multiple changes at a time is that I want to avoid two people deleting two routes (the only two routes), one for each - just because they saw a duplicate and moderator did not approve the first change.

I have a different idea here. What if vroute immediately committed update/delete requests from trusted users, i.e. the Five Star club members? Not in 1-2 minutes like it is today, but completely instantly, without any email notification?

Michal

Kyprianos Biris
Five Star Club

Post by Kyprianos Biris » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:25 am

Sounds good.
Make me a 5 star then !

I add quite a few routes weekly.
Believe it or not I use VROUTE's pdf flight log for real (GA) flights as well.
I prefer it from other more complicated software and the Jeppesen export comes quite handy in pre flight preparation.

I also see there the integration with eurofpl.eu which I use to file my fpl's

I often see vroute fpls cross transfered there and the opposite.