Unable to create a flight plan for light aircraft

Moderator: Michal Rok

bubba36

Unable to create a flight plan for light aircraft

Post by bubba36 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:35 pm

I tried to create a flight plan from Downtown Kansas City, Missouri ( Charles B. Wheeler Airport), to (Springfield/Branson Airport) in Branson Missouri.
I entered the from information and started entering the destination informatiom. When I selected the state, (Missouri) an unwanted destination airport was selected for me and the program would not allow me to correct it.

The second problem is that I am flying a cessna 172 flying at 10000 ft. This program was obviously designed for heavy aircraft since it accepts only flight levels and nothing below that.

Am I right in assuming that this program can not be used for my situation?

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Re: Unable to create a flight plan for light aircraft

Post by Michal Rok » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:29 pm

vroute is a database of routes, created and continuously updated by users. Therefore there's no guarantee that there will be something available for your selected pair of airports further extended with expectations about flight level.

So it is not that the program was designed for heavies, simply our users did not submit a route matching your expectations yet. On the other hand, vroute's database is probably the largest in the world with more than 125.000 routes to pick from, so it's rather bad luck than a rule.

Michal