AIRAC update - where?

Moderator: Michal Rok

airchild1
Premium User

AIRAC update - where?

Post by airchild1 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Michal, I did not use FS and vroute for almost a year due to different reasons. Today I updated my Navigraph AIRAC data and learned that there's no navigraph code needed for vroute anymore. If I understand right, AIRAC cycles can be updated just like that, now.
However, apart from a message telling me the cycle is outdated, I can't find any update option.
What's wrong?
Searched the forum but couldn't find anything helpful. :?

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Re: AIRAC update - where?

Post by Michal Rok » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:48 am

Hi

There should be a change link unless I screwed up the update process last week. Since I did the update from my iPad during summer trip with my family, it is possible something went wrong. Can you please have a look again now? In case it went very bad I suspect there would be plenty emails in my mailbox and that is not the case.

Michal

airchild1
Premium User

Post by airchild1 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:50 am

Thank you for your reply, Michal. I checked again, and still no change button displayed. However, I had a look at the html source and it's there ...

Code: Select all

<tr id='srchA'>
<td colspan=1>
	139107 routes in database<br>
	38 route views in last 1 hour<br>
</td>
<td colspan=1>
	AIRAC cycle <span class='cycle'>0811</span> <span class='btn'><a href='?change=1'>change</a></span><br>
</td>
<td width=120 class='cycle_outdated'>
	Warning: AIRAC cycle out of date</td>
<td id='srchstatus' rowspan=3>
<div id='div_map'></div>
</td>
</tr>
It just doesn't display. :?
It says cycle 0811, although I had at least cycle 1006 active before I stopped simming for a while.
I'm running Win7/64 and IE9. Any ideas?

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Post by Michal Rok » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:32 pm

No idea. Looks like a browser extension messing up with vroute, but I haven't seen anything like this before...

Michal

airchild1
Premium User

Post by airchild1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Not quite the answer I was hoping for ... :(

I checked for IE extensions - they are all deactivated.
I have reset IE to default settings (don't use it, anyway) and cleared all caches
I uninstalled vroute, made sure nothing's left in AppData/Local/Apps and in registry
Reinstalled, re-registered, and after each step: Still the same problem!

Is there any way to switch to a debug mode, or something alike?
Can't believe this should be an extension problem or system related. After all it's just a TD and a simple href with CSS format. :?
Would love to see a solution, otherwise vroute is pretty worthless with a 2008 airac.

Best regards,
Peter

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Post by Michal Rok » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:37 am

I changed your account to 1109 for the time being.

Meanwhile I checked the server code and there's no point where the link would be hidden on purpose. I still have no clue why your browser is not rendering the link properly.

Michal

airchild1
Premium User

Post by airchild1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:00 am

Thank you very much, Michal! I still can not see the Airac message, but the outdated message is gone and the source code shows 1109.

I ckecked most pages and functions in the app, and it seems that everything displays perfectly, except that single TD. :?
I am working as a web designer and php coder myself, and I learned that if something shows in source code but not in the browser it's almost always a code problem. However, I seem to be the only one having this problem.
With a tool like Firebug or IE dev tools I could probably find out more but this is not applicable here.
Anyway, thank you for your help. I will keep promoting vroute pro :)

airchild1
Premium User

Post by airchild1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Sorry for digging out this 1 year old topic. I just want to thank you for your genius, Michal !
The Airac change button problem persists until today on both my Win7 PC's at home & work. As a workaround I had vroute installed on some older XP computer in my office. There I could change it so that it was also updated at home.
Now, with the last Airac change I noticed that you have included an automatic update with a checkbox that was already preselected. Great job! Always the latest Airac and no more need for a workaround ;)

btw, something I noticed with the "hidden" button: if I resize my vroute window to a width of about 2500px (dual monitor) I can see the first 2 letters of the word AIRAC .... so, it's not actually hidden - rather a problem of table and/or cell width (and maybe only an issue with dual screen).

Anyway, I'm fine now with the new feature. Thanks for that! 8)

Peter

Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Post by Michal Rok » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Peter,

I'm glad I solved this problem for you. Still, I have no clue why you didn't see the button in the first place, I haven't received any similar error reports...

Michal