a few questions before buying premium

Support for premium version users only.

Moderator: Michal Rok

a few questions before buying premium

Postby Bernardo_Gui » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi

i 'm interested in buying the premium version of the Vroute application, but before i must know that it will support FMS flight plan export and fuel calculations for:

Ramzzess/Munzel Boeing 777-200LR / CARGO and 777-300 Worldliner Pro for x plane
and also, the new
Ramzzess/Muenzel Boeing 757 too

as those are the only 2 aircraft i only fly on vatsim (and probably the only two aircraft worth having on a pc simulation at all lol) i will then buy premium of vroute

thanks
Bernardo_Gui

Re: a few questions before buying premium

Postby Michal Rok » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 pm

hi,

at the moment there's no direct support for any of these airplanes. The closest we got for fuel calculation is PSS Boeing 757-200, PMDG B777-200 LR and Project OpenSky Boeing 777-200LR. I'm interested in providing support for 777-300.

In case Ramzzess' model is not consistent with our fuel results for 777-200LR / 757 it might also make sense to set up direct support for Ramzzess.

As to flight plan export, could you zip & email me a sample file that I could check out? I'd like to see if it can be produced by vroute's server.

Michal
Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Postby bruced39 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Michal & Bernardo,

Ramzzess 777 & 757 you can not import flight plans into as they do not use the x-plane standard fmc. Rather they have their own built in fmc and you must manually enter the route. As it may sound like a lot of work Bernardo, it really isn't. I fly the 777-200 all the time and for both fmc's you need only enter the direct points and when their is an airway such as (J139 or J501 for example) you just need to enter the airway click the Left key button and enter the next airway and it will enter the transition point from each airway.

As far as the fuel for the 777-200, I have spoken with Michael about possibly testing for this plane as the one's listed seem to be too low. So I am planning on adding about 5-10% to the vroute fuel to put into the Ramzzess plane. Don't forget Bernardo, at least for the 777's his fuel input page already adds 5% to the trip fuel.

Dave Bruce
bruced39
Premium User

Postby Michal Rok » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:24 am

I get the picture about Ramzzeess airplanes not using X-Pland std FMC, but don't they have an option to load flight plans from their own file format? That would be the first FMC I hear of that neither uses "host" sim flight plans nor own format.

Michal
Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Postby bruced39 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 am

The only way to load a flight plan into their FMC's are to create and save your own, or if someone hosted all of the saved flights from pilots that created them first. Otherwise yes, the authors have created their own fmc for these planes and can not load any other format.

Dave
bruced39
Premium User

Postby Michal Rok » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:48 am

Yes, these are the custom format files I am looking for.

Michał
Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Postby bruced39 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:54 pm

I can send you a few of my custom flight plans.
When I get home later today.

Dave
bruced39
Premium User

Postby Bernardo_Gui » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:31 am

hello

sorry i was away for a while, just checked back this forum thread

here is an example of a boeing 777 and 757 (both uses the same format) custom FMC flight plan i have manually created from EDDM to EDDL: http://pastebin.com/UhNdsF2R

the flight plans are stored in (aircraft name)\plugins\757Avionics\routes\ as xml files without any extenstion, in this case it is 'EDDMEDDL'

in order to 'import' a flightplan in the FMC route page, you simply need to type in to the fmc scratch pad 'EDDMEDDL' and click the button to the left 'company route', if the plan has no errors, it will be successfully imported and ready to be activated in the FMC

the same way would be doable for an exported flightplan from vroute (in the proper format)

looking forward for some news, thanks
Bernardo_Gui

Postby Michal Rok » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:18 pm

I checked the file format and it's unlikely a file out of vroute would work. It's a huge dump of plenty of irrelevant details, and I'm afraid it's unlikely I could hook up to proper record IDs in the FMC. Sorry, I don't think I'll be implementing that in vroute any time soon.

Michal
Michal Rok
Five Star Club

Return to vroute.net premium