How to switch ATC booking to VATBOOK

Support forum for VATBOOK, the flight booking system. For general vroute queries please use vroute.premium forums above.

Moderator: Michal Rok

Postby Andreas Fuchs » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:36 am

Well, I have informed Arek already and as soon as he has time, he will adjust his service. At the moment he got some trouble, as soon as he will have that stuff resolved, he will probably do so.

Basically ANY route database will be able to send data to VATBOOK, so if you have your own...
Cheers, Andreas
Andreas Fuchs

Postby Pedro Sousa » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:07 am

So I can rest assure that a flight entered at Arek's site will show up in VATBook, and an ATC Booking made at VATBook will show up at Arek's?
Portugal is sending flight bookings to Arek and ATC bookings to yours.

This seems rather confusing because I see multiple websites and databases, thus I'm no longer able to keep track where actually my data is.
Pedro Sousa
ACCPT2
Pedro Sousa

Postby Andreas Fuchs » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:23 am

At the moment it is a bit complicated.

The future will see only ONE database that will be used, that is VATBOOK. VATBOOK will have NO homepage, it is a PURE database, nothing more. That was our goal to do only the core-thing. All the rest shall be done by external operators and since we have a number of route databases it shouldn't be too hard to connect these directly to VATBOOK or, if you wish, VACCs/ARTCCs fetch the routings from any database and send them directly to VATBOOK's database.

Forget EUROBOOK, forget all this stuff.

The reason that "EUROBOOK for pilots" is not indicating the current ATC bookings and the flights booked there are not displayed at VATBOOK is that Arek still needs to modify his interface - EUROBOOK for pilots will be nothing more than a (great) interface which can be used to book flights at VATBOOK.
Cheers, Andreas
Andreas Fuchs

Postby Pedro Sousa » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:43 am

Finally makes sense. :wink:
So I keep everything as it is, that in the end all will work. Great! :D
Pedro Sousa
ACCPT2
Pedro Sousa

Previous

Return to VATBOOK